The one left behind

The One Left Behind

I sit in our darkened bedroom
It will be daylight soon,
Sunbeams will enter the window
Dancing shadows over your pillow.

Your fragrance still fills the air
Your beautiful face is everywhere,
Your sweet laughter yet lingers
As I touch the ring on my finger.

Your picture sits across the room
Taken where your roses bloom,
I stare at the picture so new
And I feel the nearness of you.

I hear your voice whisper to me
Saying goodbye for eternity,
Whispers of loving tenderness
Echoing our years of happiness.

I kneel beside your chair
And cry out to God in prayer,
I mourn so completely alone
Since Angels took you home.

I pray God help me now
And ease my pain somehow,
I know you're at His side,
You had to go and I abide.

Placing your bible in my hand,
Before your photograph I stand,
I swear in Heaven we'll meet again
And faithful I'll wait until then.

We'll soar the heavens you and I
And sail on clouds through skies,
I'll hold you in my arms forever
As Paradise we share together.


©Written by: Kenneth J. Ellison 01-24-05

Share Investment Solutions

www.eposvriende.com
www.emailbuddys.com

Join Fun e-mails: Afrikaans & English johanna4-276094@autocontactor.com

Join Fun e-mails: English johanna4-276100@autocontactor.com





Comments

Popular Posts