Scottish Wipped Shortbread
- 2 cups salted butter, sofened ( margarine won't do)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line cookie sheat with parchment paper if possible.
- Cream butter.
- Sift together icing sugar, cornstarch, and flour.
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla to the butter and beat until consistency of whipped butter.
- Drop by teaspoon onto parcment lined baking sheet. Or can use a cookie gun with star tip or sprtiz tip to form cookies.
- May decorate with small pieces of green or red cherries or colour sprinkles.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) or 15-20 minutes.
- Stores well in covered tin.