A Note on the Door

A Note on the Door ~

I stopped to knock upon her door
And found the words she wrote,
The lonely words were scrawled
Across the saddest little note.

"Please come in, it's lonely here,
So lonely since you've gone..."
The words were written childishly,
Though she was ninety-one…

That little piece of paper
Taped upon her door,
Reminded me implicitly
What we are all here for…

So every day, I go and knock
And stay with her awhile,
I sit a spell and listen well,
And relish her sweet smile.

Who she had in mind that day,
I'll never really know
But I feel blessed, just to come
And watch our friendship grow…

Sharon Frye
© 2003 Heroes of the Heart

 

http://www.eposvriende.com

Visit ePosVriende to join any/all of our groups.

Or simply send an e-mail to johanna4-541470@autocontactor.com  to receive the list in your inbox.

 

Comments

Popular Posts