Manger Scene

Our children were having fun setting up and the hours or joy rearranging all

of the items in the manger scene. (It was odd to see Barbie kneeling at the

manger, but somehow appropriate).

 

When evening came and the children off preparing for bed, I looked at their

final rendition.  Every item was there, in the correct place.  But behind

the cattle, in the edge of the crèche, was an action figure in a suit of

armor with an uplifted sword. He had a piece of duct tape covering his face

. . it really made no sense to me.

 

Tucking the kids into bed, I commented on how fun it was to remember the

Christmas story thru the manger scene.  Then I casually asked by 7-year old

about this odd, hidden character.

 

In a quiet voice he told me that he had put him in there to guard baby

Jesus, and that he was really part of the Christmas story anyway.  When I

asked exactly HOW he was in the story, my son said, "He's the silent

knight".

 

  Makes sense to me.

 

~~

Dr Bob Griffin

www.grif.net

www.eposvriende.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Christian-ePosVriende
Post message: Christian-ePosVriende@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: Christian-ePosVriende-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: Christian-ePosVriende-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: Christian-ePosVriende-owner@yahoogroups.com

http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=39908518/grpspId=1705074046/msgId=34/stime=1291363899/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3

__,_._,___

Comments

Popular Posts