Eight Levels of Joy
- Your metabolism changes so that you can lose weight eating chocolate.
- You realize that your kid's report card was really a bad dream.
- Your computer actually crashes when the technician is there.
- You bought Amazon.com 10 years ago -- and held it.
- Steven Speilberg calls your boss looking for you.
- You haven't put on weight -- your clothes shrank.
- Your child calls from college just to say hi.
- The IRS loses your name.
In my job with a credit union, I often run across accounts that are protected by password. The credit-union member, when withdrawing funds, must produce identification and then give the password to the teller.
Recently, when I asked a woman for her password, she sighed, rolled her eyes and replied, "Save." I was puzzled until she explained, "My husband put in that password so I'd have to say it every time I make a withdrawal."
Two paramedics were dispatched to check on a 92-year-old man who had become disoriented. They decided to take him to the hospital for evaluation.
En-route, with siren going, they questioned the man to determine his level of awareness. Leaning close, one asked, "Sir, do you know what we're doing right now?"
The old man slowly looked up at him, then gazed out the ambulance window.
"Oh," he replied, "I'd say about 50, maybe 55."
From Chris Long
Join Fun e-mails: Afrikaans & English email@example.com
Join Fun e-mails: English firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 58th Ave Cir E.